National NEST Hosting
Space technical requirements. We have made a list with the technical requirements that the space that would host the NEST should have:
- The space that is going to accommodate the NEST permanently or on an occasional basis should be 250-350m3.
- Flooring it should be durable in order to host the high number of visitors, and should not be slippery.
- It should have adequate ventilation, heating and cooling. It should also follow safety specifications regarding children.
- It should be over ground and natural or artificial lighting should be adequate (minimum 250 LUX)
- The equipment intended for children should be designed in a way that safety is assured regarding design and materials used.
- Access should be easy for adults and children. Emergency exits should also exist, and should be clearly indicated.
- The space that accommodates equipment not suitable or dangerous for children should be clearly separated from the children area with appropriate separation.
- There should also be access to drinking water and toilets.
- Fire safety is also of great importance and should follow relevant legislation.
- The doors should be at least 2,7 m wide and 3m high in order to allow the easy entrance and exit of the heavy equipment like the roll over car trailer.